Riding a motorcycle evokes feelings of freedom, graceful power and fun. The last thing that riders want or expect is a collision. Most accidents involving motorcycles occur because the other driver was unaware of the presence of the motorcycle or careless in observing the motorcycle due to its smaller size. If you are injured in motorcycle accident, it is important to take action immediately. Be sure to always call the authorities at the site of the accident. If you were injured as a result of someone else’s fault or negligence, the responsible party may be held liable for damages. To most effectively pursue compensation and protect your rights call an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to assess your case.
Avoiding Motorcycle Accidents and Injuries
There are things you can to to help to avoid accidents and serious injuries. Here are some simple steps you can take as a rider:
All motorcyclists in New York and New Jersey must wear helmets to protect against head injuries. Also, wearing proper attire can prevent nasty scrapes and bruises in the event of a spill. Taking a motorcycle safety training course is an even more proactive approach to riding safely. Despite these precautions, accidents can still occur at the fault of another driver leaving the rider unable to avoid an accident.
Procedures Following a Motorcycle Accident
- If you are physically able, check all involved for injury and contact the appropriate medical professionals if needed.
- If possible, all vehicles and affected parties should move to the side or shoulder of the road; DO NOT move people who are seriously injured and are unable to move themselves, as you could cause further harm.
- Call the authorities to file an accident report for legal and safety reasons and make sure that you obtain a copy of any report(s)
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other drivers involved, and attempt to keep all witnesses and involved parties present until the police arrive.
- Make note of the exact location, hour and conditions at the time of the accident. Take photographs to document the damage and the conditions at the accident site.
Do not sign any unnecessary documents and do not speak directly with either opposing counsel or the other parties’ insurance companies.
These actions can improve the safety of yourself and others while also providing valuable information for an attorney pursuing legal action on your behalf.
When you are in a motorcycle accident, there can be life-changing injuries that may not be apparent for some time. With more serious incidents, your life may be irreversibly transformed. In any case, it is important that those liable are held responsible and that you receive the maximum compensation available under the law.
If you are injured during an accident or you subsequently experience pain at any point after an incident, your first priority should be to seek medical attention. Once your immediate physical needs have been addressed you should consult with a motorcycle injury attorney in a timely manner to ensure that you are protected and that you receive the damages to which you may be entitled.
How You are Compensated for Your Pain and Suffering
You have the right to receive proper compensation for the injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident injury! You may be entitled to damages for pain and suffering that are recoverable by filing suit against the party at fault for the accident. You should strongly consider contacting a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of a motorcycle accident, we want to hear your story. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys will review the facts and assist you with your case from beginning to end. We know how to investigate and aggressively pursue motorcycle accident cases.